This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: Modifying the register window
- From: Duane Ellis <duane at franklin dot com>
- To: gem at upb dot de
- Cc: insight at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:25:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: Modifying the register window
- References: <BD99D558.13D0email@example.com>
- Reply-to: duane at franklin dot com
>> I would like to modify Insight's register window in a way such that
additional SPRs of a specific PowerPC CPU can be viewed
there. E.g. the IBM PowerPC 405 provides several SPRs which are not
available in Insight by default.
1) Are these registers presently know by GDB.
Remember - Insight - like others (ie: DDD) is a wrapper
ontop of GDB.
Thus, GDB must first know how to get them.
For those questions - you should ask on the GDB mailing list, not
the insight mailing list.
This might also be a limitation of your target operating system,
and/or target, or - if you are using a JTAG box (embedded system)
it might not make these registers available to GDB.
2) Once the registers are present in GDB... then it's a matter of
attacking the Tcl/Tk Window. Look at
It is my understanding that there is nothing in
the tcl/tk stuff that is PowerPPC specific.