This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: Insight Bug?
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Kip Warner <Kip at thevertigo dot com>
- Cc: "insight at sources dot redhat dot com" <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:34:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Insight Bug?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 21:08, Kip Warner wrote:
> >> (gdb) info func main
> >> All functions matching regular expression "main":
> >>Non-debugging symbols:
> >> 0x00401000 mainCRTStartup
> >>(gdb) list main
> >> Error: No line number known for main.
> Hey Keith,
> objdump gives me a ton of output when I pass it the -g switch and the path
> to my win32 executable. Any ideas? I think it may be a bug in Insights as
> I have heard of many others having this problem.
Okay, I believe your problem is in gdb, but to be sure, I need to ask
another question. MinGW doesn't use a "main" function, so that was a
silly test. Can you list the contents of a function for which you know
you have debug info? Open a console and enter "list MYFUNC" or "info