This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Can it calculate instructions
- From: Matts <kivik at firstlinux dot net>
- To: insight at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:59:56 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Can it calculate instructions
- Reply-to: kivik at firstlinux dot net
I am considering starting a project for the arm7 or arm9 processor, and I am considering using gcc as compiler and insight as debugger. I have one question on this, is it possible to count instructions with insight ?
I would really need to calculate processor cycles, but I guess that is not possible with insight ?
What I need is the possibility to see how many instructions or processor cykles a certain c function takes.
Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net
Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get firstname.lastname@example.org w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag