Re: Insight hangs on segv trap

> guyr@zephion.net wrote:
>
> I used the dummy test program below to test the various debuggers I'm trying. When I went through this program in Insight using the Next button (step over), when I Next'd over the strcpy() line, the source in the window disappeared and the mouse pointer turned into a clock and stayed that way.  The only way I could get out was to close the debugger window and restart it.  Should I submit this as a bug report?
>
> #include <iostream.h>
> #include <string.h>
>
> void main()
> {
> char* p = NULL;
>
> cout << "Hello, world" << endl;
>
> strcpy(p, "crash me");
> cout << "Crash time: " << p << endl;
> }

Please try the command line "next" (without the GUI) first to see if it works.

Now that you have a GUI-enabled GDB, use "gdb -nw" to start it in command line mode.

If next is not working in command line mode it is a GDB bug, so it must be reported to the GDB bug database.

If it is a GUI only problem, by all means, please add it to the Insight bug database.  Don't forget to specify the version, which host, which target etc.  The above works fine in my machine for instance, so it may be specific to a certain type of system.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com