RE: Bad installation of powerpc-eabi-gdb - can't find Iwidgets library (more info)

Here's some more information about this problem.

I was able to build, install and run powerpc-eabi-gdb on my Windows NT
machine at the office.  But the resulting executable still won't run on a
Windows 98 machine.

Internally, main.tcl runs and calls find_iwidgets_library.
find_iwidgets_library executes:
	if {[catch {package require Iwidgets 3.0} errMsg]}
On my Windows 98 and Windows ME installations, the condition returns true
(The package was not found) but on Windows NT the condition is false (the
package is found successfully).

The failure on Windows 9x leads into code that unsuccessfully tries to
locate the iWidgets.tcl module.  Upon failure it sets an errMsg variable and
returns.  Back in the callers context, an attempt is made to display the
error message in a window but in this scope $errMsg is not bound so that
fails too.  So it looks like one bug on top of another once we get into the
case where the Iwidgets library is not found.  The resulting error dialog is
pretty cryptic.

My basic question is how can I make it find iWidgets.tcl properly?  Is there
some kind of environment var that guides the search?

Dave Wheeler
Principal Software Engineer
Woodwind Communications Systems, Inc.
dwheeler@woodwindcom.com