Re: [RFC] patch to fix finding sources

Sorry about the brief comments and forgetting to add the changelog into
the email.  I have more time now, so I'll explain in more detail.

gdb_find_file checks for the existance of a source file on the development
host.  It is expected that many sources (particularly to shared libraries)
will not be found.  That is why I didn't like the idea that TCL_ERROR
would be returned forcing a catch to always be used.  Then you have to
either parse the error message to determine if a warning or eror dialog is
displayed, or always ignore it.  No big deal either way...

when you call full_lookup_symtab() you get a pointer to a symtab struct.
If that pointer is NULL, it is probably an error.  If the pointer is not
null, st->fullname will be null if there if the sources are not found.
So, your code needs changed around a bit to avoid dereferencing a null
pointer.

The real problem here is probably my comment on full_lookup_symtab() that
says it always sets symtab->filename.  Maybe we need a note that it will
be set to null is the sources are not available.

If you want to test yourself, my test case is not too difficult :^)

main()
{
	printf("Hello World\n");
}

compile, run gdb, try to step into printf.

Martin