Re: guile-vm-0.0

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> I haven't looked at it carefully, but from your description it seems
> that you allocate subprograms (closures) and data on a single stack.
> Is that the case?  If so, how do you garbage collect them?

Subprograms are temporarily created on a stack, but they are actually
smobs.  After execution is done and the stack is cleared, they will
be collected by Guile's GC.  Any objects that must be kept more than
temporarily are allocated from Guile's heap, so collection will be
okay.  I have to think of how to protect them, instead.