Re: Making shure that guile compiles with non GNU compilers

    Jost> I think that it would be a good idea to move this burden
    Jost> from the back of the (few) core developers to a third party.
    Jost> Guile is a GNU project and I think that the core developers
    Jost> should only take care that Guile works correct on GNU
    Jost> systems.

Yes, and no...  GCC has some nice extensions, and it wouldn't be hard
to make the code require GCC.  That's the sort of thing that pisses me
off about MS; they violate standards to make sure you have to use
their tools.  (Hmm... those sound like "fightin words"... I *know*
that none of us here would even dream of guile or GNU using that sort
of tactic).  Standards are good things, and I hope guile sticks to
pure ANSI C as much as possible.  On the otherhand, guile should use
GNU specific libraries like ltdl and readline when possible.  And of
course, if it doesn't work on a system, users of the system need to
contribute the patches to make it work...

Clark