Re: deeper constification

    Dirk> On 29 Mar 2000, Michael Livshin wrote:

    >> should it be:
    >>
    >> SCM_VECTOR_REF/SCM_VECTOR_SET
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> SCM_VELT/SCM_SET_VELT
    >>

    Dirk> If SCM_VECTOR_REF/SET will actually perform the equivalent
    Dirk> to vector-ref and vector-set!, then I'm in favor of these.
    Dirk> Otherwise, the names should be different in order to avoid
    Dirk> confusion.

    Dirk> Although these names do not match the suggested style to put
    Dirk> the SET at the front of the identifier it may be better to
    Dirk> keep them aligned to the scheme level names.

Isn't it better for all macros to be consistent?  If want do to a
"vector-set!" from C the naming convention suggests vector_set_x, but
I should probably use the macro.  The naming convention for macros
would suggest SCM_VECTOR_ELEMENT and SCM_SET_VECTOR_ELEMENT which is a
bit verbose.  I think SCM_VECTOR_REF and SCM_VECTOR_SET break the
convention twice.

Cheers,

Clark