Re: inserting some Emacs-specific stuff into the source files

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> well, i have no preference...  just my 2c, disclaimer, disclaimer,
> disclaimer.  perhaps if you do the work to add the local vars block to
> each source file, it will be incorporated.

I'd just like to know if anyone is opposed.  the incorporation I'll
perform myself, then ;).

> blue sky: maybe someone could adapt hobbit (or other compiler) to handle
> guile source specially, so that we can write guile in scheme.  then, all
> we need to use is `M-C-q'...

sure, would be cool.  except for the "adapt" part: if you want the
resulting compiler to be _right_ for Guile (as in: handle Goops,
implement Syntax Case the way deity intended, be extensible in Goops,
&c), then it might be better to just bite the bullet and write the
damn thing from scratch.  I know I'm not up to it yet, though. ;)

--
Every program is a part of some other program and rarely fits.
                -- Alan Perlis