Re: 1.3.6?

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Valentin Kamyshenko <val@kamysh.materials.kiev.ua> writes:
>
> > At the same time, the current CVS version
> > has a very imprortant improvement with respect to the guile-1.3.4
> > - the DOC strings. Users of guile are to be encouraging to use
> > this new feature for their own projects, based on guile. So, does
> > not it make sense to "freeze" the current CVS (probably, after
> > some cleaning it up) as the guile-1.3.6 release?
>
> I'm all for more frequent releases.  I think this is a good idea.
> We could state in the announcement that it is an interim release.
>
> Maciej?
>
> For this to be possible without delaying other development, I think we
> should create an 1.3.6 cvs branch now so that development can continue
> on the trunk.

I'd minimally like to do my rename to SCM_SCM and SCM_WORD before that
happens.

Also, I'll re-suggest that we do two-branch development.  I'd rather get
the rest of the docstrings in before forking as maintaining those
changes between branches would be a chore, but I'd need more help from
others to get all the docstrings done within the next week or so.

Greg