Guile API's (Re: About modules)

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > You mentioned that you're environments patch will break the gh
> > interface.  Is there a summary someplace of what is broken?
>
> In general all functions which evaluate an expression (either direct
> or indirect) need an environment argument.

wait wait wait.

the gh_* interface is supposed to *portable*, i.e. it should be
possible to implement it for other Schemes.  which means that it
should cover no more than R5RS, which means that the only gh_*
function that can take an environment arg is gh_eval.

but then, it looks like the whole gh_* portability thing didn't work
out in practice anyway, and I believe I ranted about the Guile API
subdivision here once already, so I'll stop now.

--
I'm a Lisp variable -- bind me!