Re: About modules

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> We need to get the infrastructure for the major changes to
> Guile in place to avoid the FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt)
> that is causing extension authors to go elsewhere.  The
> environment patches, GOOPS, some technique for speeding up
> overhaul are the most important issues IMO.

agreed.

Also, there's Jim's proposal for i18n in guile.  This is a bit
difficult -- it changes the API for how to handle strings.  At
least, add those functions as "wrappers" for the current calls,
so that anyone writing extensions doesn't have to rewrite every
string handling routine once the string handling is included.

It's slightly frustrating if you *know* that something will
change, but it doesn't for quite some time, so you're stuck to
the old way to do things, and *know* that you will have to
rewrite some parts of your code once the patches are in place. :]

Just my .5 cent,
        -- forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")