Pliant

I'm happy to say that there is now a GPLed next-generation, reflexive,
syntax-independent language: http://pliant.cams.ehess.fr/

Would you folks please take a look at this site with an open mind, and
let it influence your actions?

I'm not saying give up on Guile: I'm just saying that there is huge
potential for Guile and Pliant to bootstrap one another into the
annals of history.  Guile's strengths right now are its portability
and the fact that people are writing real applications for it today.
Pliant's strength is that it's built to last, it's efficient,
reflexive, and syntax-neutral.

I want to write a Scheme syntax for Pliant, and a design goal is to
make it capable of running all legacy Scheme applications (especially
Guile Scheme) without modification.  This will allow us to leverage
the existing work on Guile, and replace its interpreter with Pliant's,
which provides a helluva lot more power (vast understatement).

I'm not on this list, so if you want me to be involved in discussion,
please CC your replies to me.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)