Re: First-class environment proposal

Jim Blandy wrote:

> $Id: env.texi,v 1.4 1999/02/18 19:07:19 jimb Exp jimb $

I haven't read the whole proposal yet, but it looks good. One change
I'd recommend is s/env/environment/ on all the identifiers.

Also, while `fold' is a pretty general operator, is it really the best
primitive to provide for iterating over envirnments? It's not exactly
the most intuitive to new users.

(For full generality you really need something like what Olin Shivers calls
`pair-fold' in his list SRFI (though I think it would be better called
`tail-unfold'.)

 - Maciej