Re: Initial projects list

forcer writes:
 > One big part not done yet is the user interface. Since i'm a console
 > junkie... is there a guile-ncurses project (IIRC, there was a ncurses
 > module for SCM?), and if yes, what's it's status?

I've written something that looks remotely like curses stubs for guile,
but it seems to lack portability (seems restricted to GNU?Linux/libc5.*),
besides other bugs. It's independant from Jaffer's and Leveling's SCM
curses stubs. I never succeeded in compiling SCM properly, so can't figure
the status of the curses support for SCM.

Someone here already proposed a common user interface description project
for guile that would be snarved from CLIM, an interface manager for Common
Lisp. This would allow to support different display types from the same stubs.
Another approach, used by my 'Naos', is to device a simple protocol that can
be used by different types of clients which care for the display.
--
Klaus Schilling