Re: const?

Vadim Zaliva <lord@us.matranet.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> If there is any particular reason for:
>
> gh_str02scm
>
> to take 'char *' instead of 'const char *' as parameter?
> Does it change it?

It should be const char *.  There's a whole mess of sloppy const-ness
(or rather, the lack of constness) in the guile interfaces.  Jim has
said before that he'd be happy to take patches to fix the problems, but
much of it needs to be done at once otherwise other internal const-ness
problems will show through.   My workaround is to put const on the
header files that are installed for when building my packages using
guile.  (I do it on an "it-annoys-me" basis because I've not the time
now to do the complete fix to the guile source).

Greg