Motif port to guile

Chris.Bitmead@misys.com.au writes:

 > I would like to do a port of Motif/Lesstif to guile, along the general
 > lines of Stk, but I would like some
 > general advice.
 >
 > Motif is pretty object oriented, so I think I need an object system. What
 > object system should I use?

Until guile's own OO system is done, Tinyclos seems to be the choice of many
people, especially of those who implemented STk.

 > As I understand it, keywords are not a standard part of Scheme, although
 > they seem useful for
 > a Motif interface. Does guile have them, and if so should I use them?

Keyword argument are e.g. implemented in SCWM by M. Stachowiak, onthe guile
developer's page.

 > How similar should I make it to the guile Stk port? Should I take that as
 > an example of a good way
 > to go, or does it have mistakes that I can now avoid?
 >
 > Any other general advice/comments?

There is xguile, also somewhere on the guile developer page (where the snaps
used to be before CVS), which offers interfaces to raw X, motif and athena.

   Klaus Schilling