Could there be any cooperation between the GUILE and casbah efforts?

Bonard Timmons writes:
> I have been following of the recent discussion about translating other
> languages such as TCL to GUILE. I also just stumbled upon the CREOLE effort
> and thought that it would be helpful to mention it to this list:
>
> http://www.ntlug.org/casbah/cbRFC/cbrfc-0013/index.shtml
>
> How could there be better cooperation here between the GUILE and Casbah
> people? It would be a shame to see the waste of duplicated effort.

FWIW, I'm trying to do what Paul Snively proposed with CREOLE.  I
don't think it can be quite as effective as he thought it could --
namely, language integration will never be pleasant (barring, I
suppose, some manipulations of the languages involved to make them
more similar).

Either way, I don't think Casbah is still planning to go down that
path anymore.  :-(

< Ian Bicking                 |  bickiia@earlham.edu                >
< drawer #419 Earlham College |  http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia >
< Richmond, IN 47374          |  (765) 973-2824                     >