Re: Could there be any cooperation between the GUILE and casbah efforts?

Bonard Timmons <timmons@eskimo.com> writes:

> I have been following of the recent discussion about translating other
> languages such as TCL to GUILE. I also just stumbled upon the CREOLE effort
> and thought that it would be helpful to mention it to this list:
>
> http://www.ntlug.org/casbah/cbRFC/cbrfc-0013/index.shtml
>
> How could there be better cooperation here between the GUILE and Casbah
> people? It would be a shame to see the waste of duplicated effort.

Given that they considered and rejected guile in favor of mzscheme
doesn't bode well (though mzscheme does include a sort of guile
compatable library, so there might be the possibility for some code
sharing, depending on how much it relies on mzscheme features). What
is probably more interesting for guile is the reasons why they chose
not to use it.

The case against guile is at
http://www.ntlug.org/casbah/cbRFC/cbrfc-0013/casbah-rfc-1363.shtml
--