Re: regexp profiling hell....

ttn@mingle.glug.org writes:

> another way is to do:
>
> 	guile -c '(begin (debug-disable \'debug) (load "script.scm"))'
>
> (note the escaped apostrophe.)

What shell are you using?  That command line is broken in any shell I've
ever used.  Single quotes in *sh on Unix escape *everything* enclose,
even backslashes.  You need:

guile -c "(begin (debug-disable 'debug) (load \"script.scm\"))"

or

guile -c '(begin (debug-disable '"'"'debug) (load "script.scm"))'
                                ^^^^^
                         ends initial single quote,
                         quotes the single quote you want as a literal
                             character by using double quotes
                         and then restarts another single quote
                             (for the double quotes after load)

See my Tools Talks slides on shells (it's a nice contrast to how clean
and pretty things are in Scheme!)

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb/ToolsTalks/unix-shell/ppframe.htm

Greg