Re: I wish...

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 03:53:31PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:

> What would be really cool is if someone would implement parenthesis
> bouncing for Guile's readline.  :)
>
> It would also be nice to have S-expression motion commands for Guile's
> readline.  Am I the only one who misses them?
>
> Of course, readline doesn't have any concept like the mark, and we
> shouldn't worry about syntax tables...

actually, xemacs has a run-scheme command that invokes a child scheme
process in a buffer.  i've not used it, but it sounds something like what
you describe.  it's set up for a different scheme distro, but it shouldn;t
be rocket science to make it use guile instead.

cheers

  Ray Lehtiniemi (rayl@netrover.com)