Re: Module names

> I think such a system would make separate compilation difficult,
> because you could import arbitrary symbols at runtime.

Of course, but only if symbols are evaluated at run-time.
And I am *not* saying that Guile should allow names to
be evaluated at run-time.  I am just saying that it would be
nice if Guile was *compatible* with a system where names can
be looked up at run-time.

> I think supporting separate compilation is a goal for the future
> Guile module system.

Of course.  I was only requesting a *syntactic* change:
(MODULE 'NAME) instead of (MODULE NAME).  That has no direct
implication as to *semantics*, except that it allows a
more dynamic system as an extension or option.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner