Re: A new module system for Guile

<snip>
> It seems that people want all the functionality that Common
> Lisp has (packages, typing, object system, keywords, compilation, ffi)
> but by specifying and implementing it themselves.  Why not just use
> Common Lisp and be done with it?
>
> Wade

  To be honest, I *do* want all the functionality of Common Lisp.

  I just want it in a guerilla format.

  To be clear, I often write code for people who suffer FUD
  when it comes to the unknown, and, very often, Lisp and Scheme
  are the unknown.

  This isn't a problem if I tell the client "here is the code for
  the executable, and here is the configuration files". Of course,
  the configuration files (Guile) will be doing most of the work.

  I can't hide ACL, CLISP, or CMUCL like that.

  -Dave

--
David Tillman           | Sparrow Information Systems | Contract C, C++, and
dtillman@sparrowsys.com |     www.sparrowsys.com      | PERL code for UNIX.