This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GSL project.
Re: ode-initval implicit solvers and development
- From: Tuomo Keskitalo <Tuomo dot Keskitalo at iki dot fi>
- To: GSL Discuss Mailing List <gsl-discuss at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:28:16 +0300
- Subject: Re: ode-initval implicit solvers and development
- References: <48E25CA9.email@example.com> <490DE4BD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <497B00F6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <498727E5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49AA9DB5.email@example.com>
On 03/01/2009 04:37 PM, Tuomo Keskitalo wrote:
I think that if I later on have time to implement Radau II A, it will
not introduce any further changes to the framework. Stability detection
should still be added to msbdf, otherwise it is feature-complete.
Thereby, I hope to hear your opinion about this development branch. Can
it be incorporated into GSL, or should it be e.g. an extension library?
Now a work version of a heuristic stability enhancement has been added
to msbdf, among other finetuning and corrections.
I've now also added function benchmark_precision to test.c for
benchmarking. Apparently msbdf works badly for rhs_func_exp, but
currently I think that it is a feature and not a bug. More info at
Git source at http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo/gsl/ode-initval-additions/.git