This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GSL project.
Legendre polynomial documentation
- From: M Joonas Pihlaja <jpihlaja at cc dot helsinki dot fi>
- To: gsl-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 07:38:21 +0200 (EET)
- Subject: Legendre polynomial documentation
The reference manual's entries for the array versions of the
associated Legendre polynomials and spherical harmonics are a
little confusing I think.
1) The _array function documentation uses the absolute value |m|
as the lower bound of the array indices yet also specifies m
= 0. Why the absolute value if negative m aren't allowed after
2) The docs say the _deriv_array functions compute "optionally
their derivatives", which made me think that the
result_deriv_array parameter could be passed in as NULL if one
didn't need the derivatives. Turns out that's not what it meant.
:) The phrasing could be a little bit more explicit IMHO.