This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug malloc/25194] malloc.c: do_set_mxfast incorrectly casts the mallopt value to an unsigned
- From: "carlos at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 00:29:32 +0000
- Subject: [Bug malloc/25194] malloc.c: do_set_mxfast incorrectly casts the mallopt value to an unsigned
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #4 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Andreas Schwab from comment #3)
> There is nothing wrong with the range checking, it's just that the first
> condition is redundant.
The original range check was in mallopt to detect a negative mxfast value and
return 0 as a result (mallopt failure). We no longer do that range detection in
mallopt, so negative mxfast values don't cause mallopt to fail anymore.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.