This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/24882] login: pututline uses potentially outdated cache
- From: "cvs-commit at gcc dot gnu.org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:10:37 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/24882] login: pututline uses potentially outdated cache
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #1 from cvs-commit at gcc dot gnu.org <cvs-commit at gcc dot gnu.org> ---
The master branch has been updated by Florian Weimer <email@example.com>:
Author: Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu Nov 7 18:15:18 2019 +0100
login: Acquire write lock early in pututline [BZ #24882]
It has been reported that due to lack of fairness in POSIX file
locking, the current reader-to-writer lock upgrade can result in
lack of forward progress. Acquiring the write lock directly
hopefully avoids this issue if there are only writers.
This also fixes bug 24882 due to the cache revalidation in
Reviewed-by: Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com>
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.