This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/25157] New: Audit cookie for the dynamic loader is not initialized correctly
- From: "fw at deneb dot enyo.de" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 20:26:27 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/25157] New: Audit cookie for the dynamic loader is not initialized correctly
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 25157
Summary: Audit cookie for the dynamic loader is not initialized
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: fw at deneb dot enyo.de
Target Milestone: ---
load_audit_module attempts to initialize the GL (dl_rtld_map).l_audit array,
but uses the unrelated audit function index cnt for that, not the slot index
for the audit module.
/* Store the pointer. */
if (err_str == NULL && largs.result != NULL)
newp->fptr[cnt] = largs.result;
/* The dynamic linker link map is statically allocated,
initialize the data now. */
GL(dl_rtld_map).l_audit[cnt].cookie = (intptr_t) &GL(dl_rtld_map);
newp->fptr[cnt] = NULL;
Found while trying to fix bug 25097, but not actually related to the l_audit
zero-length array. I think this is a bug present in the original
implementation. It was not introduced in the load_audit_module refactoring.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.