This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nss/22349] New: [RFE] user specific hosts entries
- From: "riehecky at fnal dot gov" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:09:19 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nss/22349] New: [RFE] user specific hosts entries
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 22349
Summary: [RFE] user specific hosts entries
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: riehecky at fnal dot gov
Target Milestone: ---
Is it possible to add a new NSS that reads something like ~/.hosts for user
specific host aliases?
Ideally, this would permit users to add their own local resolution for
specified hosts, while preventing this from leaking into other user's
- a web developer wants to override the resolution of a hostname to test a
specific node in a round robin cluster.
- an IOT developer has a pile of devices with IPs that may change depending on
- preventing services like NSCD from caching resolution of user specific
results is mandatory so that no one poisons the hosts.db
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.