This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug localedata/22019] Wrong placement of monetary symbol in el_GR (negative amounts)
- From: "tzotzioy+bzl at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 08:40:09 +0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/22019] Wrong placement of monetary symbol in el_GR (negative amounts)
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from Christos Georgiou <tzotzioy+bzl at gmail dot com> ---
Still waiting for an answer from http://www.elot.gr/default_en.aspx , sorry.
However, is there any documentation referencing any standard for the current
choice of different Positive/Negative formats? If not, then we can consider the
possibility that the original choice was a mistake.
NB: until a standard is located (and I am pessimistic about it) the €### and
###€ are equally common in official (i.e. state) documents, although the most
common case is not using the euro sign at all, it being implied or contained in
the title of a column. But I haven't found anywhere an inconsistent usage in
regards to the euro sign being used as a prefix or a suffix to the amount
depending on the amount sign.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.