This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/21075] New: unused assigment to %g4 in sparc/sparc64/clone.S
- From: "ivo.raisr at oracle dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:24:23 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/21075] New: unused assigment to %g4 in sparc/sparc64/clone.S
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 21075
Summary: unused assigment to %g4 in sparc/sparc64/clone.S
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: ivo.raisr at oracle dot com
CC: drepper.fsp at gmail dot com
Target Milestone: ---
Function __clone in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc64/clone.S
contains an unused assignment to %g4:
mov %i2, %g4
Register %g4 is not used anywhere afterwards.
Previous assignments to %g2 and %g3 make sense, because 'fn' and 'arg'
need to be preserved across __NR_clone system call.
However there is no need to preserve 'flags' argument - it is used only for
__NR_clone system call (where it is passed in %o0).
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.