This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/21041] Fix for bug 20019 causes linker errors for shared libraries using longjmp
- From: "pb at pbcl dot net" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:55:36 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/21041] Fix for bug 20019 causes linker errors for shared libraries using longjmp
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #8 from Phil Blundell <pb at pbcl dot net> ---
(In reply to H.J. Lu from comment #6)
> I take this back. Does this testcase ever work after
> commit ec2a88b3c659ad4f5a662ca289edae4f0dc19d88
> Author: Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri Feb 6 10:53:27 2015 -0800
> Clean up NPTL longjmp to be compat-only.
I just did a superficial test with glibc 2.24 and I think you may be right that
it is broken there too. In a real application the failure is less obvious
prior to your patch because it only crashes when longjmp() is actually called
(which may happen rarely or never) whereas with your patch installed the binary
won't even start. But it looks as though it may not have worked correctly for
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.