This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/13701] pthread_rwlock_rdlock & realtime scheduling writer lock precedence
- From: "triegel at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 23:12:05 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/13701] pthread_rwlock_rdlock & realtime scheduling writer lock precedence
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #7 from Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Bruno Haible from comment #5)
> By the way, there's also the bug that PTHREAD_RWLOCK_PREFER_WRITER_NP does
> not behave like one would intuitively except: it still prefers readers. See
> the BUGS section of
> (I checked the glibc code: the man page is right.)
I have built a new, more scalable rwlock last year that should be committed
soon and that supports this mode (though there's not a lot the implementation
can do because of recursive rdlocks being allowed -- and we're certainly not
going to track which reader exactly has acquired a particular rdlock).
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.