This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug stdio/21004] fread/fwrite does not handle EINTR correctly
- From: "bernd.edlinger at hotmail dot de" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 10:25:19 +0000
- Subject: [Bug stdio/21004] fread/fwrite does not handle EINTR correctly
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from Bernd Edlinger <bernd.edlinger at hotmail dot de> ---
(In reply to Florian Weimer from comment #4)
> (In reply to Bernd Edlinger from comment #3)
> > What exactly would break by retrying EINTR
> > that is not already broken?
> Code which uses EINTR to exit a blocked fread, with a signal handler which
> sets a global variable checked by the caller of fread.
but this is always a race condition, if the signal does
not interrupt a system call. Are there really programs
that do that kind of programming?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.