This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug localedata/20206] ay_BO: new locale
- From: "cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:13:53 +0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/20206] ay_BO: new locale
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #13 from Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com> ---
I would very strongly like to recommend that this locale be entered as ayr_BO.
There is already an ayc_PE locale for Aymara from Peru and this is in
widespread use in Peru's One Laptop per Child deployment and by the translation
effort here: http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ayc/
Use of macrolanguage codes like ay should be discouraged in developing locales
as they tend to crowd out or cause confusion when a second variant comes along.
ayc and ayr are the specific languages codes (ay and aym are macrolanguage
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.