This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/20723] Static linking fails on Haswell and Sandy Bridge when certain math functions are used
- From: "rlcamp.pdx at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 07:33:01 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/20723] Static linking fails on Haswell and Sandy Bridge when certain math functions are used
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from rlcamp.pdx at gmail dot com ---
Explicitly adding -lmvec to the end of the compile line fixes the issue.
However, the wiki page (https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/libmvec) indicates
that this should not be required, and since no explicitly stated desire to use
vectorized math functions is necessary to trigger this error, the user may not
realize the nature of the problem, and will have a hard time determining the
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.