This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20647] GLIBC quitting every program - glibc on Pentium-S leads to assertion: "maxidx >= 2"
- From: "hjl.tools at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:02:17 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20647] GLIBC quitting every program - glibc on Pentium-S leads to assertion: "maxidx >= 2"
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from H.J. Lu <hjl.tools at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to ralph from comment #5)
> Looking at the snippet
> if (!inclusive_cache)
> if (threads_l2 > 0)
> core /= threads_l2;
> shared += core;
> with both "core" and "shared" being initialized with the return value of
> in case of return value of 0:
> core = 0/xxx = 0
> shared = 0+0 = 0
> in case of return value -1
> core = -1/xxx = yyy
> shared = -1 + -1 = -2
> because of the later use of these variables their value is indifferent
> as long it is below or equal to zero.
> So "0" as return value of "handle_intel" seems ok to me.
if (data > 0)
__x86_raw_data_cache_size_half = data / 2;
__x86_raw_data_cache_size = data;
/* Round data cache size to multiple of 256 bytes. */
data = data & ~255L;
__x86_data_cache_size_half = data / 2;
__x86_data_cache_size = data;
if (shared > 0)
__x86_raw_shared_cache_size_half = shared / 2;
__x86_raw_shared_cache_size = shared;
/* Round shared cache size to multiple of 256 bytes. */
shared = shared & ~255L;
__x86_shared_cache_size_half = shared / 2;
__x86_shared_cache_size = shared;
Negative values are ignored.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.