This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug manual/20524] strverscmp is inconsistent
- From: "peda at lysator dot liu.se" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:25:30 +0000
- Subject: [Bug manual/20524] strverscmp is inconsistent
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu.se> ---
You are commenting on the docs of the subspace "if the common prefix contains
only leading zeros", but the strings I have presented do not fit that
description. The all start with 01, i.e. not only leading zeroes in common.
So, your argument crumbles.
The way I see it, we're in the else branch of the fractional/fractional
comparison which states that the comparison should behave "normally".
The docs also state that each sequence of digits should be considered as a
whole. And I know how I consider a normal comparison of two fractions to
So, you need to improve the docs some other way. My guess is that it should not
mention fractions at all, given the crazy behavior.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.