This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/20495] x86_64 performance degradation due to AVX/SSE transition penalty
- From: "andrew.n.senkevich at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:03:33 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/20495] x86_64 performance degradation due to AVX/SSE transition penalty
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #8 from Andrew Senkevich <andrew.n.senkevich at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Adam Stylinski from comment #2)
> Created attachment 9469 [details]
> Slower AVX example
> Compile this with -mavx & then compile it with -msse4. The -msse4 version
> will be faster as it's not hitting the SSE to AVX register transition
You can avoid slowdown also using "-Wl,-z,now".
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.