This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/20480] Patch: ifunc not executable, crashes sudo qemu
- From: "adam_richter2004 at yahoo dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:15:01 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/20480] Patch: ifunc not executable, crashes sudo qemu
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #10 from Adam J. Richter <adam_richter2004 at yahoo dot com> ---
I should also correct my statement about when the problem occurs. To produce
the proboem, it is also necessary to compile the example with "-fPIE" and link
it with "-pie". I am not sure why that is.
So, the failing case is: ifunc + DT_TEXTREL + PIE + Linux setuid descendant.
I suppose that makes the failure rarer, although I imagine that adoption is
also increasing for the the position independent execution security feature.
So, I would still recommend integrating the partial fix I submitted unless and
until someone comes up with something better.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.