This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug string/16004] memcpy/strcpy: detect memory overlap and crash when error is detected
- From: "joseph at codesourcery dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 22:05:23 +0000
- Subject: [Bug string/16004] memcpy/strcpy: detect memory overlap and crash when error is detected
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from joseph at codesourcery dot com <joseph at codesourcery dot com> ---
GCC may generate code that assumes the p == q case works, so that a
conditional isn't needed when converting a struct assignment to memcpy. I
think it would be reasonable for fortification to check for cases of
overlap other than exact overlap.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.