This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:29:38 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #20 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Sumeet Keswani from comment #17)
> Subsequently we ran the reproducer on glibc-2.22. Here we don’t see this
> "unbalanced and poor utilization", however arenas grows (leak) with each
> iteration which will ultimately result in an OOM.
I ran the reproducer with:
-iters 20 -threads 512 -maxSize 200 -secs 60 -stats
against a glibc 2.22 release version. For me, memory utilization stabilizes at
around 4.5 GiB after the first few iterations. I don't know why the ramp-up is
slower in your pthread_arena.exe.out.2.22 log file. It could be a kernel
difference (I'm on kernel-3.10.0-327.28.2.el7.x86_64).
If you run more iterations, does RSS keep increasing? It seems to have
plateaued for you as well.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.