This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:21:37 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #16 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Sumeet Keswani from comment #15)
> Created attachment 9446 [details]
> reproducer done on glibc-2.22
> Attached reproducer was done on glibc-2.22
> It demonstrates the increase in RSS memory.
Can you clarify what your concern is?
The bug started with an observed unevenness in the arena selection. Do you
still see this as a problem, or are you solely concerned about RSS usage?
> There are some output files in the tarball that show a local run using the
> code provided on the following machine config
Thanks, I have found a remarkably similar machine (but naturally, it's not
running under Xen).
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.