This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/16881] RFE Avoid polluting user namespace with DSOs loaded by implementation.
- From: "palves at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:33:05 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/16881] RFE Avoid polluting user namespace with DSOs loaded by implementation.
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #4 from Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com> ---
For reference, the original gdb bug report was further clarified and discussed
(GDB is now carrying a workaround for the Python bug that makes gdb export all
its symbols in the dynamic table, which then in turn exposes the NSS module's
namespace pollution. That workaround works as long as GDB is not configured
against a static Python:
Roland's suggestion for tooling was interesting:
case you hit was in a third-party NSS module. Obviously we can't
ourselves do anything directly about the quality of third-party
modules. But we could potentially provide a tool to vet third-party
modules for our name space rules.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.