This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- From: "sumeet.keswani at hpe dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 13:43:40 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20425] unbalanced and poor utilization of memory in glibc arenas may cause memory bloat and subsequent OOM
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #11 from Sumeet Keswani <sumeet.keswani at hpe dot com> ---
(In reply to Florian Weimer from comment #10)
> (In reply to Sumeet Keswani from comment #9)
> > here is the lscpu info
> Thanks, this is fairly close to what I used. Have you been able to run the
> script referenced in comment 8?
> Can you reproduce the issue with more recent glibc versions than what's in
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6?
That script requires symbols to be loaded. I tried to run that with symbols
from the corresponding dbg package. unfortunately when run with that the script
gave no output. i suspect there is a problem with the symbols or the way they
Hence i now have to build glibc from sources which include symbols and start
with that. Hence it gotten delayed.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.