This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug localedata/19376] regex reports "Invalid collation character" for Syriac characters
- From: "t.rus76 at ya dot ru" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 15:05:32 +0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/19376] regex reports "Invalid collation character" for Syriac characters
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-19376-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from t.rus76 at ya dot ru ---
My locale is ru_RU.UTF-8
Yes, I have got the same idea at the beginning.
with LC_CTYPE=en_GB there was no error
but with LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 the bug appeared.
Next step I found there are two files regcomp.c in both Glibc and Grep.
I have compared them with Diff. They are very similar, but not exactly.
The one from Grep is obviously newer. But for some reason grep links with glibc
./configure --with-included-regex enforces linking with newer buildin version.
Then it works flawlessly with the same locale.
I am not a native English speaker and hope my explanation are clear enough.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.