This is the mail archive of the glibc-bugs@sourceware.org mailing list for the glibc project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug localedata/19376] regex reports "Invalid collation character" for Syriac characters


https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19376

--- Comment #2 from t.rus76 at ya dot ru ---
My locale is ru_RU.UTF-8 

Yes, I have got the same idea at the beginning.
with LC_CTYPE=en_GB there was no error
but with LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 the bug appeared.

Next step I found there are two files regcomp.c in both Glibc and Grep. 
I have compared them with Diff. They are very similar, but not exactly. 
The one from Grep is obviously newer. But for some reason grep links with glibc
by deafult. 
./configure --with-included-regex enforces linking with newer buildin version.
Then it works flawlessly with the same locale.

I am not a native English speaker and hope my explanation are clear enough.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]