This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/19192] __old_sem_wait never terminates
- From: "jurobystricky at hotmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 23:42:47 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/19192] __old_sem_wait never terminates
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-19192-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Juro Bystricky <jurobystricky at hotmail dot com> ---
We have two sets of routines:
If we use matched pairs, there are no problems.
But there is only one routine sem_open. This one uses the semaphore
structure new_sem. So if we create a semaphore using sem_open, we must
use new_sem_wait. That is not guaranteed and as a matter of fact this is
the cause of the problem I have.
So I think there should be two routines: new_sem_open and old_sem_open as well.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.