This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- From: "carlos_odonell at mentor dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 20:56:57 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #19 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com> 2012-03-24 20:56:57 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #18)
> On my desktop (based on Ubuntu Lucid), in /usr/bin, there are 430 executables
> that link to libpthread.so, but only 4 of them have TLS:
[At worst 160 bytes]
> I rest my case ;-)
This is excellent data and is the kind of information you need to make the case
for this kind of change. Gathering more data from the other distro
installations makes it clearer that the change won't severely impact VM
I still want to hear from our contacts with the distros.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.