This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- From: "carlos_odonell at mentor dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 20:12:51 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #17 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com> 2012-03-24 20:12:51 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #14)
> the increased size should only matter if the new size pushes past a page
> boundary right ? and even then, it'd only be 4KiB per thread ?
> i don't see that being a problem.
No the new size is going to be the full size of the PT_TLS segment e.g. static
.tdata/.tbss which is normally allocated out of the thread stack.
Could you do a canvas of a gentoo install to see how big those TLS segments are
Type Offset VirtAddr PhysAddr FileSiz MemSiz Flg Align
TLS 0x185194 0x00186194 0x00186194 0x00008 0x00040 R 0x4
The reservations grow by MemSiz.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.